Earlier, Alessio Romagnoli and Frank Casey were on target when Serie A leaders Milan marched without Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Milan highlighted the absence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s injury with a 2-0 win over Fiorentina to restore their five-point advantage at the top of Serie A.
Evergreen striker Ibrahimovic has scored 10 goals in six top-flight matches this season when his brace led to a 3-1 victory over Napoli, although he lost a hamstring injury in the closing stages.
However, Stefano Pioli’s side went on to score without a fight against Fiorentina, with Frank Casey winning the first half penalty and Alessio Romagnoli losing a second after opening the scoring.
The result means Milan were able to hold Inter at arm’s length, which is becoming an interesting title fight, as their city opponents beat third-placed Sassuolo 3-0 on Saturday. Departed.
Goal 50 Revealed: The World’s Top 50 Players
– Optapolo (ਓOptapolo) November 29, 2020
Fiorentina missed an encouraging start in the 17th minute when Milan skipper Romagnoli was left behind in the back post to move Casey’s shot from the corner of Hakin Calanoglu’s right-wing.
Dusan Vlahovic overtook Gianluigi Donaruma’s nearest outpost when Cesar Prandley’s men searched for an equalizer but were left with a mountain to climb when German Pazella surrounded Alexis Selmacker in the area.
Casey sent Bartlomie Dragowski in the cold but wrongly sent off but the Fiorentina goalkeeper equalized in the 40th minute – to keep Martin Cassiers out of a bad spot after kicking Theo Hernandez. Landed to the left of.
Calnoglu fired a brilliant half-ball into the net before half-time and came even closer in the 53rd minute, hitting the base of the left post.
Frank Ribery reduced the arrears almost two minutes later but Donaruma was equal to the hard work of an elderly preacher – a pernicious opportunity that summed up a Fiorentina exhibition that filled itself with moments of distraction.
What this means: San Siro is going to hit big hitters
You have to go back to the 2010-11 season, the final campaign before the start of Juventus’ ongoing dominance, the last time Milanese clubs were first and second in Serie A Milan inspired by Ibrahimovic’s goals, this time prevailed. A decade later, his supporting performances appear to be in good order.
Milan are the only team in the top five leagues in Europe with Atletico Madrid to remain unbeaten since the Coronavirus shut down and have scored in 29 consecutive games – equaling their previous best runs in Serie A in 1972 and 1973. Was.
Callanoglu shows its class
The Turkish playmaker did everything but go to the scoresheet, although his five shots (including a block) showed that it was not worth the effort. Callanoglu was Milan’s creative inspiration, making five key passes and completing 83.3 percent of his eight and seven crosses in the opposition.
Pajela was sentenced
The Fiorentina captain’s efforts to lead by example were thwarted when he accepted the first penalty. Pazella, an international from Argentina, won just four of his nine matches.
Key Options Facts
– Milan have scored 23 points in their first nine matches in Serie A 2020-21 – their record of three wins at this point in the season.
– Fiorentina have scored eight points in their first nine Serie A games this season. This is their worst record at this stage of the campaign after being awarded three points for each win.
– Rosnery scored two or more goals in 11 consecutive Serie A games, equaling his record in the competition established between 1958 and 1959.
– Leicester City alone (eight) have won more penalties than Milan (seven) in the top five European leagues.
– Romangoli have won three Serie A titles for Milan. Only Ibrahimovic (six) has achieved greater accuracy in Rosoneri.
– Casey Lottaro is one of only three players to reach 25 Serie A goals since 1996, following Martਜnez and Federico Chisia.
Milan will host Celtic in the Europa League on Thursday, while Fiorentina will return home from Genoa next Monday – a day after a trip to Rosonari Sampdoria.