Yesterday on January 20, based on the latest intelligence inputs received by the Ministry, we have issued directions to block 35 YouTube channels, 2 Twitter accounts, 2 Instagram accounts, 2 websites and one Facebook account: Vikram Sahai, Joint Secretary (P) & A), Ministry of IB pic.twitter.com/rO2YFJOYlX
— ANI (@ANI) 21 January 2022
Action on different handles
According to the Information and Broadcasting Department of the Central Government, 35 YouTube channels, two Instagram accounts, two Twitter accounts, two websites and one Facebook account have been hacked so far. The government has said that all these platforms are spreading misconceptions about India and the issues in India. Information and Broadcasting Department’s Joint Secretary Vikram Sathe told that action will be taken against them.
Hatred towards India was spreading from Pakistan
A common denominator is found across all the social media handles that have been processed. That is, all these handles were being operated from Pakistan. Its content was being made from Pakistan and was being spread in India. The Information and Broadcasting Department had received complaints that they were continuously spreading misunderstandings against India, spreading false news that did not happen and posting messages that fueled religious hatred. Sathe has said that the Pakistan connection of all these accounts came to the fore after their verification.
Read this –
- Weird story of a weirdo thief! No money, no jewelry; He took the bridge straight over the river and stole it
billions of viewers
Till now all these handles have got more than 130 crore views. The website was used to spread misconceptions about the Indian Army, General Bipin Rawat and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Earlier in December, 20 YouTube channels and 2 websites were blocked.
Marathi News, Breaking News First in Marathi on News18 Lokmat. Read today’s latest news, live news updates, first on trusted Marathi news website News18 Lokmat.