Viber – WhatsApp: The fierce rivalry between the two top communications applications, Viber and WhatsApp. read on xristika.gr what happened.
Rakuten ViberThe company behind one of the world’s leading applications for free and secure communication, expresses its outrage at the recent renewal of the terms of its personal data policy. WhatsApp.
While formerly WhatsApp users could not share their number on Facebook, it will now be mandatory.
Users have to agree to the new terms within the next 30 days, otherwise they will not be able to access their accounts.
To understand the plight of WhatsApp users, we suggest watching the interview of Brian Acton, co-founder of Parmi Olson for 2018, Forbes. There he discusses the reasoning behind his departure and his tweet where he advises users to delete their Facebook account: “I sold the privacy of my users for greater profit. “I made a choice and a compromise and I have to live with it every day.”
With its recent update, WhatsApp has met its identity by Facebook. As Facebook and WhatsApp unite, users of the messaging app are being used to make more money than ever before, something that should be a concern for those seeking more privacy.
- “Written in honor of your privacy DNA Us. Since we started WhatsApp We had ambitions to build our services on strong principles about privacy “
- “However, your message WhatsApp Will not be notified Facebook, So that others can see them. In short, Facebook Won’t use his messages WhatsApp To help you to operate and provide our services to us for any other reason ”.
These two phrases have now been omitted.
Unlike WhatsApp’s turbulent waters to protect the data of its users, Viber has been a role model, with key features that increase privacy. These features include:
- Default encryption End–Service–End For free personal calls and chats, without the need for any special settings. It’s simple: no one has access to the call and chat except for the participants – not even Viber itself.
- Delivered messages not saved Viber And copy cloud Disabled by default: Users who want to back up their chats can choose to enable cloud backup, but Viber does not keep copies of their messages or calls.
- screen saver: Viber provides top-notch screen protection, allowing users to send self-destructive messages to a conversation, but hide and display the entire conversation using only a password.
- Do not share data in Facebook: Viber has severed all business ties with Facebook. No usage information is shared, nor will it ever be shared on Facebook.