Telegram announced its newest asset in competition with other messaging apps on Thursday (28): it is now possible to import the message history of conversations, groups and media files from such applications WhatsApp, Line e Kakaotack.
New function should make life easier New app fans – There were 100 million in January alone. Mass migration to Telegram is partially in response to the announcement New whatsapp privacy rules at the beginning of the year.
The latest version (7.4.1) of Telegram has functionality already available for iOS and Android users. Importing must be done by negotiation, and the contact you are importing from must also have a Telegram account. Imported messages appear in all parts of the conversation or group.
To import WhatsApp on iOS:
- Open the contact’s profile or group information page on the conversation screen by tapping the name at the top;
- Select the Export Conversation option and then, from the Share menu, choose Telegram;
- Then simply select the conversation to which you want the imported content added.
To import WhatsApp conversations on Android:
- Access the desired chat or group and open the option by clicking on the top right corner;
- And select> Export Conversations> Telegram;
- Then select the equivalent contact in Telegram to import the content.
Sent messages are tagged with the original date and the date to be imported is marked as “imported”.