Prince Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh and Queen Elizabeth’s husband of 99 years, was admitted to a hospital in London. He felt bad at home and the family decided to take him to the health unit as a precaution. The statement was officially made by Buckingham Palace staff on Wednesday (17).
He said, “Duke’s hospitalization is a precautionary measure, on the advice of his Royal Highness doctor, when he feels bad. Duke should stay in the hospital for a few days of observation and rest”, notes the United Kingdom. In was made available to journalists.
This was not the first time that Philip had to be taken to the hospital as a precaution. In 2019, the royal family took the same decision, but immediately denied any seriousness. “Admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of his Royal Highness doctor,” he said at the time.
Queen Elizabeth’s husband retired from his royal duties in August 2017 as he announced that he was tired of working. Over the years, Duke has faced health problems and doctors have recommended that he no longer be on show.
Philip and Queen Elizabeth’s wedding
Last month, 94-year-old Queen Elizabeth was vaccinated at Windsone Castle in the UK. Prince Korip also received the first dose of vaccination against the new coronavirus. They married in 1947 and have four children: Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.
The life of the royal family is depicted in the Netflix series The Crown. The production has won the Golden Globes in 2018, in the category of Best Drama Series, excluding productions such as Game of Thrones. Last year, the fourth season of production was started.