The SEC launched its 2020 soccer program on Monday evening, which is superior news in and of by itself.
On the other hand, not all 14 of the SEC schedules are designed equivalent. Some groups got a comparatively straightforward street, though some frankly obtained jobbed.
As a refresher, in this article is the comprehensive plan in fancy helmet emblem variety (through SB Nation’s Nicholas Carr):
With the caveat that all SEC schedules are inherently difficult, listed here are the 2020 versions, ranked from most- to minimum-tricky:
14. Arkansas: From the minute we located out the SEC was going to a 10-recreation, conference-only plan, we had a experience the Razorbacks may well go -10. And then we saw the program. Arkansas opens with Georgia and closes with Alabama (albeit equally at property). The Hogs also have Florida and LSU back-to-back in November. Worst of all, they don’t perform Vandy.
13. Missouri: The Tigers have about as rough a first 5 weeks as you can picture, even though at the very least they get Vanderbilt in 7 days 4. Difficulty is, that video game is crammed in amongst street online games with LSU and Florida. And Mizzou also opens with Alabama and then travels to Tennessee. At least Georgia and Kentucky go to Columbia, and the ending two-recreation extend of Arkansas and Mississippi State is winnable.
12. South Carolina: The opener vs. Tennessee is as near to a toss-up as we’ll see in what is shaping up as a garbage Week 1, but if the Gamecocks drop that a person, they are almost absolutely staring at 1-4. 7 days 3 vs. Vandy looks like a earn, but you can’t say the exact about street games at Florida (Week 2), Auburn (Week 4) and LSU (Week 5). Matters lighten up a little bit towards the conclude, but it may possibly be also late by then.
11. Vanderbilt: As with Arkansas, we figured the Commodores would be hard-pressed to gain a game even ahead of we noticed the total agenda. Vandy opens at Texas A&M and then hosts LSU, which is a close to-certain -2. The subsequent two online games, on the other hand, are their finest shots at victories, South Carolina in Nashville and at Missouri. The finishing extend of Florida, Tennessee and at Ga is cash BR-utal, on the other hand.
10. Ole Overlook: Lane Kiffin’s Rebels enjoy arguably three of the top rated five teams in the SEC in the season’s to start with five months, internet hosting Florida in 7 days 1 and Alabama in 7 days 3 and touring to Auburn in Week 5. The time-ender at LSU will be no picnic both. At least the Egg Bowl is in Oxford.
9. Texas A&M: Right after easing into the plan with Vanderbilt in Week 1, the Aggies transform about and vacation to Alabama, Florida and Mississippi State the following a few weeks. The middle of the timetable is reasonably comfortable, but ending with LSU and Auburn won’t be quick. Will A&M lovers be equipped to stomach a 6-4 or 7-3 mark this year?
8. Mississippi Point out: The Bulldogs are hoping to put in a new offense with out acquiring had spring apply, which is hard sufficient. They open with defending nationwide winner LSU in Baton Rouge, pursuing by two additional street online games at Arkansas and Kentucky. State also performs at Alabama and Ga, as perfectly as arch-rival Ole Miss.
7. Tennessee: The Volunteers have a pretty great shot at getting 2- with South Carolina and Missouri out of the gate, but then items get challenging, with Georgia and Alabama in two of the three next months. In November, they play Texas A&M and Auburn from the West and conclusion the period at dwelling from Florida. At minimum they get Arkansas and Vanderbilt, too.
6. Kentucky: The Wildcats will be a considerable underdog at Auburn in Week 1, but should really be on fairly even footing with four of their up coming five opponents — Ole Miss out on, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Missouri (Kentucky hosts Georgia in between the latter two). Again-to-back at Alabama and Florida in November is tough, however.
5. LSU: The defending national champions have two of the hardest highway trips in the SEC this calendar year, taking part in at Florida and Auburn. Alabama is at home, nevertheless. And the Tigers open up with a few straight game titles (Mississippi Condition, at Vanderbilt, Missouri) in which they will be double-digit favorites, in advance of the trip to Gainesville.
4. Georgia: The Bulldogs get a veritable layup in 7 days 1 at Arkansas, but items get critical with Auburn coming to Athens in 7 days 2. Then arrive Tennessee and Alabama, so you definitely just cannot say Georgia will have several psychological letdowns the relaxation of the way. As soon as they get past the neutral-web page (but not really) sport vs. Florida in Jacksonville on Nov. 7, the Bulldogs can coast the rest of the way with Missouri, Mississippi State, South Carolina and Vanderbilt to close the yr. The Jacksonville game also implies Georgia has only 4 correct dwelling online games in 2020.
3. Auburn: The undesirable news is that Auburn is one of the several teams in the SEC that does not have again-to-again residence online games at any issue. The very good news is that the Tigers’ hardest online games — at Georgia in 7 days 2, vs. LSU in Week 6 and at Alabama in 7 days 10 — are spaced out pretty well. The danger is Tennessee in 7 days 9 and/or Texas A&M in 7 days 11 finish up as “trap” video games.
2. Alabama: Get your conspiracy theories all set — the Crimson Tide is 1 of only two SEC groups that does not participate in again-to-back again road video games this year. Alabama also gets a bye week right before LSU (as does LSU right before Alabama). The toughest stretch is possibly Georgia and Tennessee back-to-again in Oct. And it is well worth noting that Alabama’s routine is by definition much easier than some, simply just since it doesn’t have “Alabama” on it.
1. Florida: The Gators have a Charmin-comfortable routine, with 5 correct residence game titles plus a neutral (but not truly neutral) web-site match with Ga. Florida does not enjoy Alabama or Auburn, with its toughest highway vacation possibly to Texas A&M. Right after the Georgia sport, the Gators end with Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Kentucky and Tennessee. The final two may well be competitive, but the Gators both completely keep away from the SEC West hefty hitters, or get them out of the way early.