Although the majority of people live in apartment buildings, almost two-thirds of them dream of moving into their own country house. The best eXp Realty training for those looking to make their dream a reality is the eXp Realty Buyer Representation Course. This course is designed to help real estate agents learn the key principles of representing buyers and sellers in residential real estate transactions. What are the benefits of this decision? What are the cons? Let’s try to find the answers to these questions.
What are the advantages of the private house?
To make a final decision on whether it is worth purchasing a house or not, you should define your priorities, evaluate your schedule, and the availability of your future property. However, if you are looking for a summer house or an attractive option for investment, we suggest you consider the available premises on https://hawaiitrustedrealty.com/houses-for-sale-honolulu. Alternatively, if you plan to live in the house all year round, you should be aware of the pros and cons of this decision.
- Large area – as a rule, cottages are more spacious than apartments. Many people especially appreciate the higher ceilings and the ability to create a spacious kitchen or bathroom;
- Convenient layout – when buying a finished house, redevelopment can be carried out without any restrictions. Thus, there are more opportunities to equip the space to your taste;
- Private area – a private house usually has a separate territory, which can be used at your discretion, for example, plant a lawn, set up a flower garden, or a barbecue area;
- Distance from neighbors – this solves several problems at once, including the issue of poor sound insulation.
- Healthy living – most people believe that life in their own house is closer to nature. Outside the city, many people like the opportunity to set up a small garden next to the house or build a swimming pool.
Living in a cottage is in many ways more attractive than in an apartment building. However, private country houses also have several disadvantages and features that make living in them more troublesome and expensive. Here are some of these features:
- Distance from the city – the land within the city is likely to be very expensive. A cottage a few kilometers from the city means regular use of the car, frequent traffic jams, and complicated access to urban infrastructure;
- High price – private houses are more expensive than housing in apartment buildings;
- Expensive operation and repair – maintaining a house is more expensive than an apartment – this also applies to utility bills.
How to choose between an apartment and a private house?
It all depends on your budget, as well as on preferences and lifestyle. Before making a purchase, you need to answer some crucial questions:
- How much money do you plan to spend on buying real estate?
- What area do you and your family need for a comfortable stay?
- How much time are you willing to spend on the way to the city, and how often will you need to get out there?
If you have a job with a free schedule, living in a place far from the city is much more comfortable. In any case, calculate all the above pros and cons, and then make your final decision.