Image: Cao Carvalho (Gizmodo Brasil)
One of the developers of the first Xbox operating system revealed that the team had left a hidden Easter egg on the console. We do not know whether the secret was never discovered or whether the explorer was not interested in sharing it. However, it took 20 years to widely publicize the feat.
“I really didn’t expect that [o easter egg] Was found, until the source code was leaked or someone reverse-engineered the dashboard, ”the anonymous developer said. Kotaku. “
The “main” Easter egg he talked about is an old acquaintance of “boxers”. According to Kotaku, the little secret to activate it is on the CD extraction screen. You need a new rip “< Eggsβox >> “Must be named. As soon as you click” done “, it will activate a hidden credit rollover and the video game will restart.
But how do you activate the hidden Easter egg that the unknown developer talked about?
Before you begin, go to “Settings” and then “System Information” to remember what the screen looks like.
- Go to “Music” and insert an audio CD. (A short album will take less time)
- On the Audio CD screen, select “Copy”, “Copy” again, and then “New Soundtrack”.
- Remove the title of the default soundtrack and replace it (without the quotes) with “Timmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyananananan Unnamed: – better than anything else like this.
- Sit down and relax.
- When extraction is complete, return to the main menu.
- Choose “Settings” and then “System Information”.
- Now you should see a new screen listing the members of the “Xbox Dashboard Team”.
It is notable that this feat only works on the original Xbox console, one from 2001. An expert Kotaku fellow has tested and stated that he has succeeded.
But why did it take so long?
“I decided to share it now, because 20 years have passed, and I thought it would be nice if people knew it actually existed. I know many sites would have liked to track this type of thing And everyone on that list no longer works for Microsoft, ”he said.
“I too thought that if I didn’t do it now, it would probably never happen. It had been so long that I didn’t even remember the trigger! I had to connect the Xbox and try a lot of things to make sure was. “