Part Two” has received the nod from Warner Bros. for production

Part Two" has received the nod from Warner Bros. for production

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Warner Bros. Studios announced on Tuesday that it will release a sequel to the film “Dune” in October 2023.

Directed by Denis Villeneuve and one of the most anticipated films of 2021, the first part of the sci-fi epic opened in theaters across North America last week and earned a healthy $41 million on its first weekend.

The film, which had an estimated cost of $165 million, also did well outside the United States, raising around $225 million at the global box office.

Villeneuve has always said that he was considering making a second film, but Warner Bros. had not committed to the project before Tuesday.

Warner said that ‘Doon: Part Two’ will release exclusively in theatres. The first film was released simultaneously in theaters and on the HBO Max streaming service.

Villeneuve is adamant that the two-and-a-half-hour film, which has been praised for its brilliant imagery, should not be seen at home, but on the big screen.

The film has a star-studded cast including Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya and Jason Momoa. The cast for the second part has not been announced yet.

(Reporting by Jill Sargent)

See also  You need movies based on real stories to watch on Netflix

About the author: Will Smith

Will covers public and private tech markets from New York. He was previously a Knight-Bagehot Fellow in Economics and Business Journalism at Columbia University, and prior to that was a reporter at the Los Angeles Business Journal. He has received a Journalist of the Year award from the L.A. Press Club and an investigative reporting award from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *