Former world top 3 and current 50, Austrian Dominic Thiem announces his return from two US Masters 1000 tournaments
Away from the courts since June last year, Austrian Dominic Thiem His return to the circuit will be delayed further, with him withdrawing from the Indian Wells Masters 1000 and the Miami Open this month to prepare for the return of the clay season in Europe.
A former top 3 in the world and current 50, the tennis player announced her return from the Masters 1000 tournament in both Indian Wells and Miami in the United States. The first will begin this Thursday (10) in California.
He tried to return to the circuit in Córdoba, but suffered a strain on his right finger and withdrew from the tournament. Despite the downturn, the Austrian said he was training well. He is yet to play this year and hasn’t played since mid-2021.
The 2019 Indian Wells champion said, “I’ve had a great week of training, my wrists are all right, my hands are getting better and better. I’d love to play here in the States.”
Apart from Thiem, Roger Federer, Kei Nishikori, Ashleigh Barty and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova will not be in attendance at the Indian Wells tournament. NoAnother absence from Owak Djokovic should be due to the lack of a vaccine.