If you have received many spam link, telemarketing Or companies offering “exclusive benefits” know that it is possible to block them on Android, Googleeven before receiving them.
For this you will need the Google Phone app. In Brazil, the name of Application This is phone only and can be downloaded directly from play store.
When activated, it can automatically identify spam links and stop them from bothering you. Your device won’t even ring. Still, if you need more information, they are saved in the “Last Called” history.
This feature allows you to view information about the origin of the call, even from people or companies you are not in contact with.
It is worth noting that, for this purpose, smart fone sends information about your phone call to Google — Google identifies the caller’s code and determines whether it is a spam, According to the company, however, the app does not have direct access to the already registered contact list.
Unfortunately, the phone isn’t available for all devices, as many manufacturers prefer to offer their own calling programs. Also, some steps to activate the app only work from Android 6.0 onwards.
On the other hand, it’s increasingly accessible: previously exclusively for the Pixel line and smartphones with Android One, the feature is now available for several models. motorola, samsungasus and Xiaomiamong others.
how to activate function
According to Google, caller ID and spam protection are turned on by default on the phone. But if they’re not, it’s important to turn them on. See how to do it:
- On your mobile, open phone app (or google phone);
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner (this is the field corresponding to more options,
- Click on ‘Settings’ and then on Call and Spam Filters (or ‘Caller ID & Spam’);
- Activate the option ‘view caller codes and spam’;
- Enable the option ‘Filter spam calls’. Missed call or voicemail notifications will not be shown, but filtered calls will appear in your history and you will still be able to access your voicemail.
Report a number as spam
If you receive a number that is spam, but has not yet been identified by Google, you can mark it as such so that you no longer receive calls and report it.
In practice, the call rings but a spam alert appears. In these situations, the user may (or may not) block himself. See step by step.
- open phone app (google phone);
- At the bottom of the screen, tap ‘recent’ (last connection);
- Press for 3 seconds On the call you wish to report as spam;
- Click ‘BLOCK/REPORT SPAM’;
- If Google has identified a call as spam and is incorrect, just click Unlocked.