In recent months, many new features have been added to WhatsApp, the instant messaging application. The latest update released voice and video calls via computer (WhatsApp Web), which until then was only available for cell phones.
The company states that it advances new investments in the platform, with the intention of making it increasingly practical, functional and attractive. Some of these new devices are already being tested.
The following can be highlighted:
- The possibility for the user to accelerate audio, especially those that are too long;
- Integration with Reels – Instagram function that allows you to create and publish short videos to tick videos;
- The facility to send images disappearing after a predefined period of time (pre-destructive photos);
- Backup conversations with passwords – Even though conversations are protected by end-to-end encryption, files do not receive an extra layer of security when stored in the application.
It is noteworthy that the information brought is not official WhatsApp, but rather from companies that measure and predict innovation. This method acts as a projection to enable new features to be included in the application’s update list.
WhatsApp will block cell phones in 2021
A large group of mobile phones will support the most famous messaging app, WhatsApp, Is currently considered the world’s leading instant messaging application. Justification is the incompatibility of some devices that went out of use in 2021.
Samsung, Motorola and Sony are on the list of handsets of major brands. What attracted more attention was the presence of the iPhone, which had never happened before.
See below, the list of cell phones that WhatsApp will not work:
- LG Optimus Black (and earlier);
- Motorola Droid RAZR;
- Samsung Galaxy S II;
- HTC Desire;
- iPhone 1, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4.
It is important to note that the non-functioning of applications on cell phones does not depend on whether they are updated or not.
Models that will accept updating
Some cell phone models will need to be updated to either Ios 9 or Android 202. See what they are:
- Sony Xperia Pro;
- HTC Sensation, HTC Thunderbolt (4G);
- Samsung Galaxy Note;
- Samsung Galaxy S III and earlier models;
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S;
- LG lucid;
- Motorola Droid 4.
Users of Linux-based KaiOS operating systems will require compatibility with KaiOS 2.5.1 or even a newer version. The same option applies to JioPhone and JioPhone 2 models.
Models like Windows Phone have stopped functioning from January 1, 2020, regardless of the model. The same has happened with Nokia Lumia, a model that already has some support for running instant messaging applications.