French crossing the Atlantic lost contact

French crossing the Atlantic lost contact

A septuagenarian Frenchman, who had been sailing across the Atlantic since January 1, activated his distress fire on Friday and has “not made contact” since then, his team said on Saturday.

Jean-Jacques Sevin, who turned 75 on 14 January aboard his canoe “Audaz”, eight meters long and 1.70 meters wide, aimed to become the “senior of the Atlantic” and “have fun with old age”. Portugal) left. ,

“Unfortunately, since 12:34 p.m. yesterday (Friday), we have not had any contact or expression on your part,” his team told AFP.

“Our concern is great, as you can imagine,” the team said, specifying that the adventurer activated “his two crises flared up, indicating [para eles] That he is in a lot of trouble.”

In a message sent to her friends and AFP, Jean-Jacques Savin’s daughter, Manon, said “they are very concerned. Everything was done immediately in coordination with the French, Portuguese and American rescue services at sea.”

According to the communications manager of the team of volunteers, Jean-Jacques Sevin – at the time of last contact – was on the high seas, north of Madeira, and headed to the small island of Ponta Delgada in the Azores archipelago for repairs. his boat..

After being distracted by strong winds and significantly lengthening its planned route, the septuagenarian had serious problems, caused by failures of electric batteries and solar collectors.

See also  Italy, Greece, Sweden and Poland are facing this chop despite the quarantine decision.

About the author: Muhammad Wayne

"Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer."

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.