He doesn’t know how it happened .. He finds out that he swallowed 129 airpods while he was sleeping

He doesn't know how it happened .. He finds out that he swallowed 129 airpods while he was sleeping

Doctors managed to remove the stethoscope with an emergency endoscopy using a long and thin tube to remove it from the esophagus, but the stethoscope’s microphone was broken

A Massachusetts county man warned AirPods users not to wear one to sleep after swallowing, without knowing how.

In this report, which was published by the newspaper “Free“(The Independent) British, writer Alice Hutton said that Brad Gort found in the emergency department an X-ray that he swallowed AirPods while sleeping.

Guthier, 38, woke up last Tuesday with difficulty in breathing and succumbed while trying to drink water.

Although he felt there was something strange in his chest, he attributed it to the physical exhaustion caused by defrosting his home after a snowstorm.

When he comes back in, however, he finds that one of his $ 129 AirPods was missing, so his wife jokingly tells him that he might have swallowed it.

“We laughed about it, but I felt a tingling sensation in my chest and a strange feeling of suffocation as I actually swallowed the headphones while sleeping. And at that point, I stopped another 10 minutes to think about it. Gave, but we decided. It would be better to go, “Guthier told MailOnline. to hospital”.

Upon arriving at the hospital, paramedics quickly examine him, first suggesting that what he ate the night before celebrating his wife’s birthday may be the reason for her uneasiness.

After being subjected to an X-ray, doctors discovered that Guthier had in fact swallowed an AirPod, which was about two inches in length (about 5 centimeters) and stuck inside his throat for about 24 hours.

READ  This is how you can unlock your iPhone .. If you have forgotten the password

Later, doctors managed to remove the stethoscope with an emergency endoscopy, using a long and thin tube to remove it from the esophagus, but the stethoscope’s microphone was severed.

The author stated that Guthier believed that the stethoscope could fall from his ear to settle in his mouth when he was asleep, and the medical team warned him not to do so again, as he was lucky because he was severely damaged. was not.

A picture will be recorded in the history books

For his part, Guthier stated, “Had I inhaled it or settled in the airway or had it stopped, I certainly would have taken a greater risk. I am really lucky to be able to successfully remove the stethoscope. Were able.

Gort posted X-ray photographs on Facebook, with the caption saying, “A picture will be recorded in the history books,” and he warned users of “AirPods” against using them during sleep, so that They should not be exposed to serious risks.

In general, this phenomenon may sound somewhat strange, but it has become increasingly common. In January last year, a 7-year-old boy from Georgia swallowed one of the AirPods and had to wait to leave his body, then reached his stomach.

In 2019, a Taiwanese person did a similar incident. However, miraculously, AirPods were still operating after extraction.

Seth Grace

About the author: Seth Grace

Seth is an all-around geek who loves learning new stuff every day. With a background in Journalism and a passion for web-based technologies and Gadgets, she focuses on writing about on Hot Topics, Web Trends, Smartphones, and Tablets.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *