The Minister of Health, Marcelo Quiroga, denied this Saturday (22) that the version is broadcast locally from India, after six cases were detected on a ship off the coast of Maranhão.
“There is no evidence of community broadcasting of the Indian version, but the health monitoring of the ministry is hard work,” he said.
He announced that the portfolio would send 600,000 rapid tests from Kovid-19 to the state, which would depart from Guarulhos (SP) at noon on Sunday (23).
The examination will be done at places like bus stations, highways and airports. The minister explained that, if the test is positive, the individual will perform a second test of the RT-PCR type with genomic research to ascertain the possibility of the new type.
“We are attentive to potential cases in other states and the conduct will be similar,” he said.
Quiroga said that over the next few days, 24 lakh trials would be distributed across the country with priority for border areas and airports with international passenger traffic.
The minister said, “We have to refrain from airing this version and we will use all strategies.”
The executive secretary of the ministry, Rodrigo Cruz, insisted that a decree last week prohibits the arrival of foreigners from India, the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and South Africa. People coming to Brazil from these countries should be quarantined for 14 days in another country. Before starting.
The minister also commented on the retreat in the appointment of infectious specialist Luana Araújo to the extravagant secretariat to face Kovid-19. He did not state what was the reason for not taking office, but denied that there was any interference.
“Dr. Luana is a very qualified person, with an excellent biodata. He was invited to this position, but had no appointment and we are now looking for a person with the same profile as a doctor to be in this position.” ,” He said. “The ministry is working hard and when it comes to know, we will announce it.”