if you want internet Wi-Fi Fast and immune to widespread malware attacks that cost businesses and individuals alike billions of dollars each year, you should update your router.”routerBecause once malware infects a router, it can steal bandwidth and spread to other devices throughout the network.
According to Business Insider, this update is not only because of the dangerous malware, but also because router The old firmware works worse than a properly updated router.
You can follow these steps to check if your router is running the latest available firmware:
1. Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device and connect to your router’s network.
2. Enter the router’s IP address in the web browser.
– If you do not know the IP address, check that there is no information label somewhere on the router.
3. Log in with the administrator’s username and password.
– If you don’t know the correct administrator password, look for the information label on the bottom or back of the router.
4. Select the option called Firmware Update or Router Update.
– Since there are many different routers, you may need to do some research and investigation to find the right router.
5. Wait for your router to find and install the latest firmware.
Never interrupt the update, and if it’s taking too long and your router seems unresponsive, give it a few more minutes before unplugging the router and turning it on again.