yesterday we talked What is Xiaomi.EU ROM? And its advantages over the standard MIUI version for Europe. Today we will talk about how to install a solution based on Chinese ROM on any smartphone of the Xiaomi ecosystem.
Step One: Unlocking the Bootloader
This process does not void your smartphone’s warranty and is reversible (that is, you can “roll back” to the original settings at any time).
Instructions to unlock the bootloader:
- Download Mi Unlock App.
- Unzip the downloaded file, then open the executable “miflash_unlock” and log in with your Mi account.
- Connect your smartphone in fastboot mode: Turn off your phone and turn it on by pressing the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
As soon as the Mi Unlock application detects your smartphone, all you have to do is press the “Unlock” button and wait for the process to finish.
Step Two: Install TWRP Recovery on Your Smartphone
TWRP is considered one of the most comprehensive recoveries to date. This is due to its extreme ease of use, intuitive interface and tactile functionality.
After installing TWRP Recovery on a smartphone, you can download ROMs and Mods countless times to give more functionality to the device, even after the official support from the developer is over.
Step Three: Installing and / or Flashing Xiaomi.EU ROM
First of all, you need to check whether your smartphone is compatible with Xiaomi.EU ROM or not. To do this, just go to the Xiaomi.EU project website (https://xiaomi.eu) and check if your device is in the compatibility list.
If the smartphone is compatible, you will need to:
- Download Xiaomi.EU ROM for your phone model from the above site.
- Put the downloaded solution in the memory of the smartphone using the computer.
- Go to TWRP Recovery, Go to Install option, Select already downloaded ROM in Zip format and Press Slide to confirm process.
After completing the installation process, you can enjoy the possibilities of Xiaomi.EU ROM.
* Prostomob is not responsible for any damage caused to your device. Remember that any deviation from the above recommendations or installing an inappropriate ROM for your device can turn your smartphone into an unusable “brick”.
* If you decide to follow the instructions above, be sure to back up all your photos, videos, apps, and other content.