Aliar played 64 games for Sydney in five seasons and was considered a major part of coach John Longmeier’s plans to be appointed as a rebound and defender as a mumar, but also as a pinch-hit option if needed. .
The deal has taken Swans fans by surprise, but Charlie Gardiner, the football’s acting general manager, explained that the club would “like to see” his stay, and Alimir requested a trade so that he could fulfill Port’s long-term offer. Could.
Gardiner said: “We worked with Port Adelaide to reach a trade that sees our draft assets as strong and address our inventory needs during the trading period as well as our future in the National Draft. Provides flexibility to support the situation. “
“Eleanor has been a major contributor and celebrity member of the team during his seven seasons at Swans. On behalf of everyone at the Sydney Swans, we would like to thank Alimir for the impact he has had with our club during his time here and wish him and his family all the best for the future. ”
This became apparent when Port’s interest in Alire grew when Swans initially asked back-up Ruckman Peter Ladhams in return – the AFL’s minor premiers quickly refused.
Earlier this week, Swans chief executive Tom Harley told SEN he hoped Alimir would stay at the club next season.
But instead of jeopardizing the possibility of losing anything to him at the end of next season, Sydney has decided to move to Alier just now, when he was about to become a free agent.
This is the club’s first piece of business during the AFL’s commercial season, which ends at 7.30pm on Thursday, but it is unlikely to be their last, Harley also confirmed on Tuesday that Swans West Coast’s Rukman Tom Was in contact with Hickey.
Sydney is short on rock and crucial defensive options, but both issues could potentially be resolved if a deal is completed for Hickey and if the Swans are in next month’s AFL draft, the top-ranked defender Denver Decides to use Pick No. 3 from Granger-Barras. WAFL Club Swan District.
Hans currently holds draft picks 3, 25, 58, 62 and 82, and fully appreciates his 2021 selection – in addition to Port’s second round.
Vince is a sports reporter for the Sydney Morning Herald.
Most seen in support