After failing to rely on players playing in England at a FIFA date in September, the Brazilian team could get a reinforcement of Premier League athletes at the next appointments in October. The British government confirmed this Friday that it would allow an exemption from quarantine for athletes who travel to countries that follow the UK’s red list in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic – which includes Brazil. However, this measure only applies to those who have a complete vaccination schedule.
- Check out Tite’s roster for the October Games
Coach Tait has called eight players from the Premier League for the next qualifiers against Venezuela, Colombia and Uruguay. Goalkeepers Alisson (Liverpool) and Ederson (Manchester City), full-back Emerson (Tottenham), defender Thiago Silva (Chelsea), midfielders Fabinho (Liverpool) and Fred (Manchester United) and forwards Rufinha (Leeds) and Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City) ) ) After consultation, the CBF informed that eight people summoned have already been fully vaccinated.
Tight will be able to rely on England athletes as long as they are vaccinated – Photo: Lucas Figueredo / CBF
However, players will have to follow specific measures upon their return to England. The government has demanded that athletes be isolated in facilities near their clubs’ training centres. According to “The Times,” he will only be allowed out once a day to train with teams or attend official games.
– We worked closely with football authorities to reach a solution that would serve the interests of both the clubs and the country, while maintaining the highest levels of safety and public health. Our best defense against the virus is vaccination, and these new measures will allow fully vaccinated players to meet their international commitments safely, in the most practical way possible, by training with their clubs and upon their return. Will allow to play as soon as possible – said the British government in a statement
- Mathias Cunha has been recalled by the national team after a muscle injury
- See other news from Brazil team
On the September FIFA date, the Brazilian team commander had to cut nine athletes who play in the English championship: Alisson, Ederson, Thiago Silva, Fabinho, Fred, Gabriel Jesus, Richardson Rapinha and Firmino. They were part of a roster of 60 players from 19 different English teams who will have commitments to 26 countries outside the UK in September, but were barred from traveling.
- After rejecting the call from the Brazilian team, Portugal called up Matheus Nunes
Clubs pressed on, and the Premier League decided not to release athletes on their return to England, requiring a 10-day quarantine – which would prevent players from training and attending games. However, Argentina and Colombia managed a solution to keep players at least in part of the games played in September.
The CBF responded by asking FIFA to impose penalties on English clubs, who would be banned from using unpublished players for five days after the end of the international games window. A few days later, however, the Union decided to withdraw the penalty request, reaching an agreement with the teams and the British government, who promised to try to reach a solution at the next opportunity.
- View South America Qualifier Table
Celecao will face Venezuela on October 7 and Colombia away from home on October 10. Then, on October 14, the Arena da Amazonia will host Uruguay. Brazil are on top of the qualifiers after eight matches with 100 percent success. If they win the next three matches, the team will reach 33 points and, thus, have to confirm the classification for the World Cup in Qatar.