Windows 11 will be released on October 5th, but as planned, Microsoft continues to release updates for the previous version of the system. Windows 10 21H1, 10 20H2 and v2004 users will be able to get rid of several bugs that hit Outlook, like the sudden crash, with optional update KB5005611, released on Thursday (30).
The update allows users to test fixes before they become part of the core patch, which will be rolled out starting October 12, a week after the release date. windows 11.
According to a Microsoft blog post, the update changes Windows 10 21H1 build to 19043.1266 and Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 v2004 builds (which will end support in December) to 19042.1266 and 19041.1266 respectively.
Microsoft will support Windows 10 to 2025. (Source: Microsoft/Reproduction)Source: microsoft/breeding
The patch includes several bug fixes and improvements, including highlights for Outlook issues, improvements for the flyout of news and interests, and clock synchronization with daylight saving time. Check out other highlights:
- Fixes a bug in Microsoft Outlook that prevents you from writing replies.
- Resolves blurry news and interests icons in some screen resolutions.
- Updates issue with News & Interests showing up when you right-click on the taskbar, even if you’ve turned this feature off on your device.
- that eliminates distortion in sound Cortana and other voice assistant records.
- Fixes an issue that caused your device to stop working after a restart.
- Fixes a bug that prevented apps from providing data when the taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen.
how to install patch
Patch KB5005611 must be installed manually. (Source: Windows 10 / Reproduction)Source: Windows 10 / Playback
Patch KB5005611 is an optional update. This way, Windows 10 will not install the update automatically. To do this, follow the steps:
1. Click on the Start button.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click on “Update & Security” option.
4. Windows Update will present the available updates. If patch KB5005611 does not appear, click “Show all optional updates”.
5. Select “Download and Install” in patch KB5005611.