A late Thiago Silva header and a late double from Tammy Abraham beat restless Chelsea 3-0 at West Ham at Stamford Bridge.
Frank Lampard’s side, who have lost their last two in the Premier League, needed to rock again against their London opponents and Silva’s powerful title in the 10th minute was a perfect start when Declan Rice came offside. Aim to be out.
The game went into a critical emergency after that dramatic opening, but within two minutes, two sharp ends by Abraham (78, 800) sealed three points that took Chelsea above Tottenham to fifth. That West Ham will spend Christmas in the 10th spot
Chelsea: Mandy (6), Azpilicutia (7), Zuma (7), Silva (8), Chilwell (N / A), Kante (6), Jਰrginho (5), Werner (5), Ma Mount (7), Plasic ( 6)), Abraham (7).
Sub: Emerson (6), Kovacic (6), Hewartz (N / A)
West Ham: Fabianski (6), Kaufel (6), Balbena (6), Ogobna (6), Kraswell (7), Noble (6), Rice (7), Sousk (7), Fornalz (6), Heller (5), Bowen (7).
Sub: Benrahma (5), Fredericks (N / A)
Man of the Match: Thiago Silva (Chelsea)
How Chelsea beat their London opponents …
West Ham doubled down on Chelsea last season and thought they went into a flyer when Rice climbed on a quick free-kick from Aaron Criswell and turned brilliantly from a narrow angle seven minutes later – but a The offside flag confirmed that the midfielder was gone just too soon.
Birthday boy Ben Chilwell broke his ankle a moment earlier and was forcibly released nine minutes later – but despite the shock, Chelsea took the lead within minutes when Silva hit the corner of Mason Ma Mount. Would go.
West Ham accepted all the weather, but Mount thought he should help another cross soon when he stopped Abraham and Timo Werner from passing through the six-yard box.
Abraham caught the ball in the net in the 15th minute, although the ball was clearly out of the game when Cesar Azpilicuita crossed. There was further argument when Jarrod Bowen blew the whistle at the other end of the half hour, Silva came down easily as he fought for Tomas Soussek’s flip-on.
Werner should have scored just before half-time when Christian Plisic put him in the box after a driving run but in front of Germany – who have now played 10 matches without scoring for the club and the country – he shot Lukas Fabianski. .
- Tammy Abraham, Cesar Azpilicutia and Jਰrgenho started for Chelsea as Kay Hawartz was left on the bench.
- Mark Noble made his debut for West Ham after the opening day, while Fabian Balbuna also returned to the XI.
Chelsea dominated the game early but lacked a spark, with Silva’s opener in the first half running 30 minutes without a shot and Lampard’s side on the back after the break.
Werner almost found Abraham’s Ficci cross at the start of the second period but on par with the hosts, West Ham grabbed his hand and a block from Azpilicutia an hour later was crucial to keep Pablo Furnells out.
The visitors weren’t very good at knocking out the obvious possibilities, though – they failed to score a shot at the goal – and in the final round two clinical finishes from Abraham took the fight away from them.
The England striker was the first to capture Werner’s scaffold shot, with Fabianski returning home after blocking Plisik’s title to secure the victory. More gloss could have been added in the 89th minute but Werner’s close shot crashed against the bar, but this time added his luck ahead of the goal.
Man of the Match – Thiago Silva
What the administrators said …
Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard: “The game was difficult. We started really well but in the second half, we didn’t get that much ball, we stopped playing a little bit. I thought Deputy Kovacic got us on the ball later in the game, and then when you get the second and third goals you will obviously be happy.
“A team like West Ham can hurt you at any time with a box or set-piece ball. It was no vintage tonight. I thought there were some good parts. The best part for me was the character, to be. Come back two green. “
West Ham boss David Mice: “I didn’t think we deserved it but if we lost three goals then that’s the right score. I think we had the potential, we had a lot of balls. It was a really big test for us and I was there for a long time. Except for the first 20 minutes of the game we thought we did very well in it but the truth is we didn’t do much in any of the boxes, whether it was a save or a finish.
“We never really worked as a goalkeeper but we are playing against a good team. We knew it was a difficult game. It was very difficult to get any decision in our favor. But I had to praise the players, I thought they did. With the ball very well, trying to move the ball well, pass it well. But ultimately the game is about scoring in their goal and keeping it out of their goal and we didn’t. “
- West Ham failed to score for the first time in their last 10 away Premier League games, losing in W4D for the third time in that period.
- Chelsea have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League this season (8), three of which have been Mason Mount’s assists. 3-0
- David Mayes is without a win on his 16th Premier League tour of Stamford Bridge (D7L9), the joint-highest telly of any manager who has never won a match at a stadium, his own Record equivalent (16 games at Anfield).
- Mason Mount played in his 50th Premier League title for Chelsea tonight, becoming the youngest English player to reach this milestone for the club since John Terry in January 2002 (age 36d) (21y 346d). Gone.
- Tammy Abraham has made his first brace for Chelsea in all competitions since September 2019 (Hatrick v. Wolves), separating Abraham’s two ends with just 101 seconds.
- Timo Werner has failed to score in each of his last seven appearances for Chelsea in all competitions, his longest run starting in September 2016 without a goal in the club competition, with Stuttgart and RB Leipzig (9) In combination.
Chelsea are at Arsenal on Boxing Day, live Sky Sports Premier League From 5 p.m. Kick-off at 5.30pm. West Ham host Brighton live on December 27 Sky Sports Premier League, From 2 p.m. Kick-off at 2.15 p.m.