The text below was published on PlayStation.Blog of Brazil.
The first major software update for the PS5 console system will be released globally tomorrow, with new features and improvements. Our team is passionate about improving your PlayStation experience in every way. Here’s what the taste of PS5, PS4 and PlayStation app has to offer:
Expansion and storage management on PS5
- Store PS5 games on compatible external USB drives. * With this feature, you can transfer your PS5 game from the console’s internal storage to USB extended storage. This is a great way to expand the storage capabilities of your PS5 console, and you can copy your game back to internal storage when you want to play. Restoring a PS5 game to a USB disk is faster than re-downloading it or copying it from a disk.
- Since PS5 games are designed to take advantage of SSD’s ultra-fast loading, PS5 titles cannot be played directly from USB extended storage. The PS5 title also cannot be downloaded directly into USB extended storage. But when you return or transfer to internal storage, the game will update automatically if applicable. In addition, you can choose which game modes you want to install from compatible titles (such as campaigns or multiplayer) with this option.
- For tips on using USB extended storage for the PS5, including storage device requirements, visits Our support page.
accordingly We already announced, Future PS5 consoles will support expansion of storage by M.2 units. We are currently working on this feature and will keep you top of the news with updates on the blog.
New social features for PS4 and PS5 consoles
- Share between generations. PS4 and PS5 players can now use share play simultaneously while chatting in groups. This means that PS5 console users can allow their friends to view game screens with PS4 consoles or even test PS5 games through share play, and vice versa. Options include the ability to share screens with a friend, virtually pass your controller to a friend, or actually pass a second controller to play cooperative games together.
- Request participation in a sports session. A selection of game sessions your friends can attend will now appear on the PS4 and PS5 consoles, providing even more opportunities to play together. The option “request participation” also serves as a shortcut to sending game invitations, reducing the time to enter the game with friends. In the Privacy Settings menu, you can modify who can interact with you in groups, games, and messages.
Advanced control and customization options for PS5 console
- Better Game Base. The game base menu has been extended to provide faster access to important content and resources. Now you can easily switch between groups and friends, start chatting with existing groups, or see what each of your online friends are. In addition, you can enable or disable notifications for each of the groups in which you participate.
- Disable in-game chat or adjust player volume. Now you can quickly disable in-game chat, which turns off microphone audio and other players’ voice audio. In addition, instead of asking all your friends to decrease or increase the microphone volume, it is possible to easily adjust the personal volume of voice chats of other players in a single chat.
- Pre-download game updates. After the release by the developers, the game title update will be pre-downloaded to the console if the “automatic update” setting is enabled and the console is on or in sleep mode. This will allow you to start playing the latest version of the game as soon as the update is released.
- Customize the game library. With the ability to search your library or hide games, it is now easier to search for content and optimize the view of your game library.
- Zoom the screen. Now you can adjust the screen magnification to your preference in the settings menu.
- New trophy settings and statistics screen. The level of trophies that occur as a result of an automatic screen or video clip can be customized, so you can now choose to capture and save images / videos from moments just to win top level trophies, such as Gold or Platinum. We will also launch a new Player Trophy Statistics screen, where you can see the summary and status of your trophy levels at a glance.
PlayStation App New Features
We are also rolling out several new features for the PlayStation app, to make it easier to connect remotely with your console experience. We recently introduced the ability to save products to a wish list, receive notifications when your friends are online, and change the console’s online status. In the coming weeks, we’re going to launch even more new features, such as the ability to enter multiplayer sessions for the PS5 through the app, manage PS5 console storage, compare trophy collections with friends, and PlayStation Sort and filter products shown at the store. You can download the PlayStation app for free on Google Play and the App Store.
This is the beginning of many updates and improvements we’ve made to the PS5, PS4 and PS apps, so take a look and let us know what you think!
* For external USB drive compatibility requirements, visit Our support page.