The University of So Paulo (USP) was considered the 90th most highly regarded educational institution by employers, According to a ranking released by global data company Times Higher Education on Wednesday (24).
In the previous edition of the same survey, the USP was ranked 109 in 2020.
To prepare the list, 11,000 company recruiters rated educational institutions from 44 countries based on the following criteria:
- Development of “Soft Skills” (behavioral skills such as resilience, confidence, motivation and communication);
- Specialization and training for research;
- pay attention to livelihood,
- perform in digital sphere,
- academic excellence,
“The rankings help students choose universities that offer the best job prospects”, says research manager Sandrine Belloc.
“It shows how digitization, specialization or social skills are increasingly important – far more than a university’s prestige.”
The jury members named the 250 universities that are most respected by employers.
The top three in the ranking are from the United States. Check out the top 10 below:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- California Institute of Technology (USA)
- Harvard University (USA)
- University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Stanford University (USA)
- University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Yale University (USA)
- Oxford University (United Kingdom)
- National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Princeton University (USA)
In addition to those listed above, it also appears in the list of the 10 countries most cited by employers: France, Germany, China, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.