China acted unilaterally, violation letter: Rajnath Singh | India News

China acted unilaterally, violation letter: Rajnath Singh | India News
New Delhi: India and China have agreed to refrain from any military action that could escalate tensions in eastern Ladakh, but during a meeting between Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and his Chinese counterpart, no one was able to resolve the four-month-old military standoff. Couldn’t make a solid change. , General Way Fange, in Moscow on Friday.
In the first such high-level political meeting since the beginning of the face, Singh told Wei that India would not encroach on an inch of its territory and would defend its sovereignty at all costs.
Y, in turn, said the Indian side was fully responsible for the current tensions. The meeting between External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his counterpart could have a more tangible result. Wang Yi, On September 10.
But in the midst of all the muscle signals, the two sides agreed to continue working through diplomatic and military channels to end and move on to the breakdown of the LAC, in line with the “consensus”. Prime Minister Narendra Modi And the President Xi Jinping To maintain peace and tranquility in the border area.
In the 140-minute meeting, Singh made it clear that all bilateral agreements were violated in an attempt to “change the status quo” of the PLA’s “aggressive actions and behavior”. According to Xinhua, Wei said, “China’s territory cannot be lost, and the Chinese military is fully committed, capable, and committed to safeguarding national sovereignty and territorial integrity.”
With the rapid onset of winter in eastern Ladakh, both sides will want to get out of the stalemate, although perceptions of “retreat” have increased after the PLA halted the disengagement process. General Wei, an elder of the PLA, came to the hotel where Singh was staying and is understood to have sought discussions on the first three occasions.
China had in fact insisted on the Defense Minister’s meeting when Indian troops last week launched a pre-eminent military maneuver in the Chushul sector to capture several heights from Pangong Ts and South Bank to Rezang La and Rekin La. .
For the first time, India has benefited from some bargaining in the ongoing talks with the move. In a meeting on Friday, India insisted that China withdraw its troops from Pangong Ts, Gogra and Depsang in April, as well as establish a status quo. It also reduces its military buildup.
Singh told his counterpart that there should be no doubt about the determination of the troops to safeguard India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
READ  US coronavirus: Officials find possibilities for when hospitals operate out of ICU beds
Muhammad

About the author: Muhammad

Wayne Ma is a reporter who covers everything from oil trading to China's biggest conglomerates and technology companies. Originally from Chicago, he is a graduate of New York University's business and economic reporting program.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *