US President Donald Trump last week called for an alternative to attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities, according to an official, before finally taking a decision against it.
Mr. Trump, who yet Refused to believe According to the source, he lost the presidential election, apparently during a meeting of the Oval Office last week, which included Vice President Mike Pence, Foreign Secretary Mike Pompeo and Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller.
Speaking to the New York Times, the official said Mr. Trump had been advised to take military action in Iran for fear of widespread confrontation.
“He asked for options. They gave him the scene and he finally decided not to go any further,” he said.
The White House declined to comment on the reports.
Mr. Trump has pursued aggressive policy trends with Iran during his presidency, including a withdrawal from the 2018 nuclear deal reached by his predecessor, Barack Obama.
A day before the request for military action, a report by a UN observer stated that Iran had sent a centrifugal enhancement from an aquatic plant to an underground uranium storage facility. Violation of the 2015 nuclear deal.
Iran also has 2.4 tonnes of less rich uranium reserves, well above the agreed limit of 202.8 kg.
The Iranian general was Qasim Soleimani Killed in a drone attack Orders were issued by the president in January, but Mr. Trump has since refused to go into more military conflicts in an effort to bring troops back home to Europe.
There could be no attacks Serious problems arose For President-elect Biden, who will enter the White House on January 20.
The Trump administration has refused to share national security figures Mr. Biden’s replacement teamBecause of this belief, Mr. Trump will continue to serve a second term in office, meaning Mr. Biden’s team was unable to comment on the claims.