Russia’s foreign ministry says Armenia and Azerbaijan have agreed to a ceasefire

Russia's foreign ministry says Armenia and Azerbaijan have agreed to a ceasefire

The ceasefire will begin on Saturday afternoon (4 a.m. ET) and will be used for humanitarian purposes, to exchange prisoners of war, other detainees and the bodies of the dead.

The foreign ministry said it would agree separately on the terms of the ceasefire.

The announcement came after diplomats met in Moscow and were engaged in talks by Russia’s foreign ministry.

The Nagorno-Karabakh dispute has been hot and cold since the 1994 ceasefire, but clashes erupted on September 27. It is unknown at this time what he will do after leaving the post. Azerbaijan says Armenia provoked clashes with the invaders and Armenia says Azerbaijani forces attacked.

Since then, at least 24 civilians have been killed, 121 injured and more than 300 buildings destroyed. A spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said.

The area is populated and controlled by ethnic Armenians, and is supported by the Armenian Diaspora but sits in Azerbaijani territory. It is heavily militarized and its forces are backed by Armenia, which has a security alliance with Russia.

Azerbaijan has long claimed that it will take back the territory, which is considered Azerbaijani internationally.

READ  More than 450 whales are now stranded in Tasmania after rescue workers found the bodies of 200 dead. Wales
Muhammad

About the author: Muhammad

Wayne Ma is a reporter who covers everything from oil trading to China's biggest conglomerates and technology companies. Originally from Chicago, he is a graduate of New York University's business and economic reporting program.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *