TikTok challenge makes girl lose part of her stomach

TikTok challenge makes girl lose part of her stomach

A 13-year-old UK girl has surgery to remove part of her intestine after accidentally swallowing 15 magnetic beads. This incident happened when he tried to complete a challenge which became a trend among the users TIC Toc.

The game involves placing small balls of magnets above and below the tongue or inside and outside the cheek to create a piercing appearance.

The teenager was taken to the hospital on May 22 with severe abdominal cramps, and doctors thought it could be appendicitis or food poisoning. But when she started vomiting deep water, an ultrasound was done that showed the presence of tiny magnetic balls in her intestine, causing it to perforate.

He was then taken to another hospital for emergency surgery to remove part of his intestine.

credit: reproduction/Faye Elizabeth/Liverpool EchoTikTok challenge makes girl lose part of her stomach

The girl’s mother warned other parents. She said she bought the magnetic balls from an Amazon seller earlier this year, and they were marketed as “educational” toys.

“Just throw it away. Don’t buy them. It’s not worth it,” said Faye Elizabeth. “The pain I have seen my daughter go through is terrifying,” he told TODAY newspaper.

This is not the first incident of its kind after the prank on the social video network. There are also reports of other children and adolescents who swallowed these magnets.

In May, an 11-year-old English boy was also admitted to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. He had also swallowed the shells and had to remove 5 cm of intestine.

tick challenge

credit: reproduction/Faye Elizabeth/Liverpool EchoSmall magnetic fields sold as “educational toys”

TikTok has been at the center of many controversies due to other dangerous challenges that are going viral out there.

The most symbolic incident occurred in March this year, when a 12-year-old American teen died after participating in a “blackout challenge”, which involved putting a belt or rope around his neck and not breathing for a long time. could. The boy died of a brain injury after being hospitalized for three weeks.

See also  National Hurricane Center: Three tropical waves developing in the Atlantic Ocean as the peak of the hurricane season

About the author: Muhammad Wayne

Wayne is a reporter who covers everything from oil trading to China's biggest conglomerates and technology companies. Originally from Chicago, he is a graduate of New York University's business and economic reporting program.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *